2007年4月10日火曜日

Speech File

I was pretty happy with my speech considering I was very nervous. I usually have difficulty speaking in front of groups of people so I assumed giving a speech in Japanese would be even more difficult. I definitely have to work on my speed and fluency, as when I started to forget lines I said, "ummm" and paused quite a bit. I'm pretty sure i didn't have to look at my paper at all so I was pleased with my ability to memorize the whole thing. I tried to think about speech as a series of events in a story instead of memorizing sentences separately and that certainly helped me a great deal. I fear i wasn't great at engaging the audience because i was more worried about just getting the lines out. I think that will come with practice and more confidence in my speaking skills. The speech was beneficial because I was able to hear myself and critique myself afterwards by listening to the the recording.

2 件のコメント:

Jerry Hsieh さんのコメント...

オルビーさん、
I enjoyed the content of your speech and I thought it was very understandable. Like you said, you seemed nervous and had some of those "um" and pauses as well. Aside from that, it was well-delivered and well rehearsed. Good job! And thanks for commenting on my blog.

Unknown さんのコメント...

オルビーさん!

I thought that your speech was very interesting and that your topic was fun and unique. Aside from the occasional "ums", your fluidity was really good, especially considering that you had your entire speech memorized. I also thought that you did a good job engaging the audience by ending your speech with an invitation. hehe sorry this comment is a little bit late... I just realized I forgot to leave comments! Thanks for your comment on my speech =)